banner

One With the Art




We live in a world of busy people. We have so much "to do" and yet we never get it all done. Art gives us the opportunity to step into another world and make a connection with another reality. When I paint, I listen to music and let go of all of the cares and worries of the day. I step into my creative reality. In that reality there is no right or wrong. There is no blueprint for what there is to be done. I don't even have a plan. I am at play. Just in the space between the brush, paint, and the canvas. There is a whole Universe in that space, one of freedom, play, and fun. You are dancing with the moment, one with the source of creativity. I sometimes feel like I'm not really even present. What if the brush and the paint are in fact dancing with the canvas to the music and I am merely the observer? I do not know what the painting is going to look like until it has dried. I am perhaps only the facilitator, the medium through which the creative process has chosen to express itself. When I talk to people who are looking at my work and they tell me all the different things they see in the painting, I am always fascinated by the creative ideas that are invoked by my work. For some reason I still claim it as "My Work" even though I am not really sure that the person I know myself to be is really there.

0 comments: