banner

The Universe is a Fusionartist


The Universe is a Fusionartist. From the beginning of time, the Universe imbued the Earth with color. Every tree, every flower, every animal and rock has hue and shade to distinguish it. Can you imagine if the world had been created without color? It is as though the Universe realized that mankind would respond creatively to all the colors in nature.

When I look at a tree and see the movement of the leaves, I am always impressed with how many different colors of green appear. I envy Nature in her ability to blend color and create with intense magnificence such beautiful contrasts and subtle tones. I wonder how I can mimic that variety of shades on my palette. When I see what is possible with color, I experience joy! The colors in a painting are as vital to the viewer's experience as the painting's subject matter. The happiness color can bring to the eyes and heart of the viewer it touches my soul.

When one looks at a painting, the colors guide the eye through the work. The artist has laid the path and set the stage. For centuries artists have experimented and played with color in a never-ending partnership with Nature. Nature teaches us, and as artists, we endeavor to capture her power, purity and innocence on canvas. Everything that we as Fusionartists strive to accomplish is modeled for us by the Universe.

Nature orchestrates the temperature, contrast, brightness and hue to produce effortless displays of color that inspire and enlighten us. Nowhere can one see a more magnificent display than in the fall colors that are around us. I invite you to observe and spend time outside and take advantage of this wonderful opportunity to witness the quintessential Fusionartist, the Universe at play.

0 comments: